Header Ads

Ace Frehley: I don't pay attention to what Gene Simmons says

Spaceman or Space Invader?

Well, both actually, as original KISS guitarist Ace Frehley, whose band persona was Spaceman, has released a new solo album called Space Invader with song titles like the title track, Inside the Vortex, Past the Milky Way and Starship.

“Even when I’m not wearing the makeup I’m still the same guy,” said the 63-year-old Bronx native, who left KISS for good in 2002 after first departing in 1982, and then reuniting with the group in 1996.

“I’ve always been fascinated with sci-fi films and astronomy,” he said in a Canadian newspaper exclusive with QMI Agency. “When did man walk on the moon? I think it was ‘69 and I was born in ‘51. I remember watching it on the TV in the classroom. All that stuff had a profound impact on me and when we put together KISS (in 1973) everybody just followed through with their alter-egos.”

We caught up with Frehley down the line from his San Diego home to talk about his new music, the contentious KISS 2014 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction, and eight years of sobriety.

Continue Reading at TorontoSun.com >>

No comments

Powered by Blogger.