Header Ads

Ace Frehley Slams Paul Stanley's Suggestion Of A Kiss Lineup With No Original Members

Ace Frehley hasn’t been a member of Kiss for more than 15 years, but he still has major opinions of the band he first joined in 1973. Ultimate Classic Rock posted Ace Frehley’s response to founding member Paul Stanley’s comment last fall that the band could go on after all four of the original members are retired. In a new interview with Boston’s WZLX 100.7 FM, Frehley said the idea of Kiss without any original members is ridiculous.

“That’s the most ridiculous statement I’ve ever heard them make. I think the only reason they make those statements at this juncture is to try to validate the fact that they have two other guys in the band that aren’t the original members.”

Both Ace Frehley and original drummer Peter Criss are no longer with Kiss, and Frehley thinks Stanley and longtime bandmate Gene Simmons are trying to make sense of their revamped rock band, which now includes Tommy Thayer and Eric Singer.

“They’re trying to rationalize to the fans, ‘Well, you know, we replaced Peter and we replaced Ace and eventually we’re gonna replace ourselves. That’s like Mick Jagger saying, ‘Yeah, after me and Keith die, the Stones will continue on with two other guys.’ It’s a joke.”

Ace Frehley’s comments come after Stanley told Australian radio station 4KQ last year that he thinks both he and Simmons are replaceable.

“Well, I can see Kiss without Gene. As much as I’m a big fan of what I do and think I do it really well, I didn’t invent the wheel. Somebody is out there who can come in and take my place, and at some point, I don’t see a reason for the band to fold anymore than I can see a reason for a team to fold.”

Read more at Inquisitr.com >>

No comments

Powered by Blogger.